Needing potty training advice

My child is almost 2 and is starting to tell me when he is going "potty" so i would like to try and dabble with it but dont know where to start....any advice?

juliak818

Asked by juliak818 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my daughter started to do that we made a chart, went to the dollar store and let her pick out her fav stickers. Make a week long chart and tell him that everytime he pottys in the big boy potty that he gets a sticker. At the end of the week take him to get a toy or if he likes a happymeal to get one of those. It worked for my aunt and myself
    AudinCadesMommy

Answer by AudinCadesMommy at 12:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Charts are perfect. try lollipops too. or let them pick out a package of their own underwear (like that have characters on them) Let them wear it and if they have an accident they can wear em until the next day? good luck! you're doing great
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 11:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• nope. none. all kids are motivated differently. try a little bit of everything until you find something that works.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 4:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2011