Would you take the drive?

Parenting time order states bio mom is responsible for transportation of her time her summer time ends in 17 more days. She called dh yesterday to say she needs him to pick up ss her reason is she won't have.has and dosnt want to make the 30 min drive....how will u not have gas in 17 days also since she picked him up she file court papers on dh but didn't say a word about that. I don't think he should go she will be in violation of the order if she dosnt return him by 12 pm but I want ss home too so what to do

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 11:03 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• no,she's taking advantage of you

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• He should go. Be flexible and don't create fights. It's easier on the kids if everyone can just get along! It's only 30 minutes, why not go?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:07 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I would have your DH talk to her again. It's still a little over 2 weeks away, and he can remind her of the court order.

If she doesn't show up, you can call the police over it, but what kind of impression will that make on your child??
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:09 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Of Course, i would go pick him up.. if she doesn't follow the court order that's on her; let the court deal with that- i wouldn't play the game or put your SS through extra Stress..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:10 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't go. If she's in voilation I would call the police and report her. Being "flexible" here will only lead to her never making the drive becasue she knows she doesn't have to.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:11 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• all hte drama between a bio mom and step mom!!! I am a step mom myself and dh and I just try our best to stick to the court orders. Is bm tries to go around or do something different then what the papers say, my dh simply tells her "we need to go by the papers" I try not to get involved in any of it, it just causes tenison and drama. Although I hate having to deal with it all, I just keep my comments to myself because I knew going into this realtionship and marriage what it consited of, and I love my dh and ss to much to let it get to me. Tust me, bm is alot of drama and very immature, but I just ignore it. My advice to you is get a lawyer that you can have and use any time bm and your dh have any issues and let the courts decide. I am sorry sweetie, but we as stepmoms and wives really dont have much say in it. Dh and I have a lawyer, and we just report everything. Bm is just digging her own hole.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Why cause a problem, just go pick him up. It is not like it is that far away. Why is it that parents don't realize that when they fight with their exes the person that it is really hurting is the child. By not going to get him your ss he might think that you don't want him back. I use to work in a divorce firm and it made me sick at how grown people behave and how they use their children to get even with each other. I have a son with my ex-husband and we have been divorced since he was 4 My son is now going to be 18 next week because we were both flexible and reasonable my son has never suffered and has a positive relationship with both his father and I. By getting along you set a could example for your children.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• If she doesn't abide by the papers you drew up, you can file a report to the police....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 11:25 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I just miss ss and we are more than willing to go get him. I just don't get why would you put something in an order then have issuer abiding by it save the gas $ and get him home of course if she dosnt we will go
    rinamomof2

Comment by rinamomof2 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I would go get him but have her sign something saying why she didn't have the gas and that she will reimburse DH's gas within one year. Not that you will MAKE her repay, though you may. This is just to document that she was not fully complying with the order. Give copies to both attorneys.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 11:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2011