Everyone has faith but everyone has faith in different things (religiously speaking), how does one know which faith is the right one?

Why can't we all be right or at least heading in the right direction as long as we mean well to ourselves and others around us? For the ones who choose to believe in the Bible, of course we are going to naturally come from Bible perspective, but what about others whos faith is just as strong in whatever god/book they believe in? Or what about those who just dont really believe in anything (religiously speaking) but are decent people still. Is it really loving to knock their ideas? I mean do we just believe in the Bible because that is what we were always taught and that is the main religious book of the region we live in and we have also been taught to not believe in it means our eventual destruction? I don't like scare tactics...

Msunique80

Asked by Msunique80 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Everyone will tell theirs is the right one. In This day and age we need to really read and pray. Ask to be kept from evil. No matter what your belief is. Some day we all will be walking hand in hand. For love of each other is love for God. That is the main thing that Christ and Holy men have said. Unfortunately their words have been used for hate of each other.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i believe the right faith is the one that makes you feel good. the one you strongly believe in, or the one you choose to live your life by. if i want to muslim and live my life by the book of koran then thats what's right for me. only that person can say "this faith is what is right for me" and yea we all "suppose" to move toward the same area, but some deviate.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Ah see, now that's one of the reasons I became agnostic.

I absolutely couldn't believe that one religion was the "right" one above all others. I tried for many many years, secretly and all alone I tried to believe that Christianity was the right and true one. But I couldn't force myself to do it. There are just too many good people that I couldn't believe would spent eternity in hell just because they didn't believe in God.

The way I see it...we can guess at which one is the the right religion all we want. But we don't really KNOW 100% until we die. People can believe whatever they want, but it's really an act of faith, not true blue clear knowledge. So for now, I'm comfortable not knowing which one is correct =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I believe all paths lead to the same place.
    You find faith in what makes your heart and soul happy and at peace. That is your "right faith".

I like what MommaSyrup said.

Everyone says theirs is right which is why it gets confusing and you must look within, not without for truth.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• There isn't just ONE "true religion". There are just MILLIONS of differnet paths to the same destination.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 12:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• well i guess we will find out which one is right at the end. Right??
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 5:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2008