Should i buy the new car?

I was approved for a new car hubby said get it but not seeming to concerned and could afford it I would be trading in 1 of 3 paid off vehicles I really dont want the payment but I want the car what would u do?

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• We never buy new cars. There is a high rate of depreciation the minute you drive a new car off the lot. We look for low mileage, well maintained used vehicles, and we have a trusted mechanic who goes over them for us before we make the purchases. This has always worked well for us. We have gotten very dependable vehicles at reasonable prices, and the vehicles have given us years of good service.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Okay, being approved is different....being able to afford it, again totally different.

Do you need a new vehicle, or can it be used? Is your old ride unreliable?
    Or do you want it because it's new and shiny?
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• If you want to take long trips. Ask yourself how many times will you take these trips.
    If it's just a vacation, then rent a car. 7 days, unlimited miles, 170 bucks.

Up to you momma! GL
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• The instant you drive a new car off the lot, it loses between and ten and twenty percent of the value. You are MUCH better off getting a used car

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Never. New cars are a waste of money...buy a nice used car instead.
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 11:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Good, go for the used one and buy an extended warranty ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i hear from a lot of people having a new car is similar to having a used fairly new car. i personally will never in my life buy a new car even if i could afford it.

lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Well my 3 are only reliable locally we can't really go to far I do want it cz its new of course but I can't even plan little trips cz I don't really trust my cars to go to far so its a 50/50 on the reasons I can afford it but its a note almost 300 so I could rent a car to go away or be able to get in the new one and go anytime
    rinamomof2

Comment by rinamomof2 (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Ok so I found a used car same model 1 year old with 17,000 miles I'm going to test drive it tomorrow :)
    rinamomof2

Comment by rinamomof2 (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I want to thank everyone for all your input and suggestions. I made my purchase. I bought a used 2009 Ford flex limited edition fully loaded its beautiful and after trading in 1of my other vehicles it was only $ 10,000 I got great financing at 1.9% I absoutly love it.
    rinamomof2

Comment by rinamomof2 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2011