How to get rid of stretch marks?!

Im now 35 weeks && just now have had a few pop up on my outer thighs and the very bottom of my stomach they're not too bad yet but I want to catch it before they get too bad. I've been using the mothers friend or whatever stretch mark lotion but im guessing that doesn't work bc I put it on every morning and every night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you cant get rid of them the only thing you can do is keeping using the lotion and even after the baby is born use it twice a day to. Doesnt get rid of them but it does help to make them alittle less noticable meaning less purple and yes after the baby is born they do get worse they will look purple for a while. Sorry like Ballard said hate to burst your bubble.\
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• not to burst you rbubble but after the baby comes and your skin tries to go back together they will get worse and nothing helps them go away.... THEY SUCK!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 11:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• try bio oil it fades them
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 11:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• actually this is my 3rd baby and i dont have stretch marks!!!! i use palmers cocoa butter
    angel_lips

Answer by angel_lips at 11:24 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• angel you dont have them cuz you got lucky not everyone does get them. Iv heard its genetic now i dont know that its true but my mother didnt get any and either did I. But i have seen some nasty stretch marks and the bottom line is if your going to get them there is no lotion or cream or oil that is going to prevent them iv asked my dr its all in your genes and how wel your skin is going to stretch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• It's genetic =]

Ask your mother and your grandmother if they have them. If they say yes, that means that you're unfortunately most likely going to get them too.

I've had mine since I was twelve. No big deal. You learn to live with them, the majority of women have them.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:29 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• genes maybe a little yeah...but actually my mom, my sisters, my grandmothers, cousins aunts they all have them but the first time i found out i was pregnant i ran and bought a creme for it.....maybe it is luck but hell its something she can try to reduce having them
    angel_lips

Answer by angel_lips at 11:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Sad to say, there's only few things you can do to try to prevent them like cocobutter cream, take your vitamins and drink a lot of water but there's nothing you can do to stop them:(
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Pick different genes? Some of us are more prone to them than others, and there isn't much we can do about it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008