Do you like having your IUD?

If so what kind do you have? I am looking into getting one but there are so many brands and I wanted opinions on it!

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 11:20 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes. I have the Paragard, which has NO hormones, got it over a year ago. I had the Mirena before that, for three years of hell. Major side effects, the worst being weight gain/couldn't lose weight and depression. I blame its hellacious hormones. Many females have had problems with Mirena, just from this site alone, and the ones that haven't aren't as common but so lucky. Mirena is the devil. I feel like me again with the Paragard, and have lost some the weight Mirena made me gain. Still working on it, unfortunately.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 11:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I had the mirena for 1 yr.. and got an infection and it got stuck to the wall of my uterus. I went in for a reg pap smear and they said they couldn't find it.. I swore up and down "its there it did not come out" It took 30 min with a vaginal son. to locate it. They told me I had to have surgery to remove it. I was so scared. I decided to go back to the doc that put it in. She got it out the wires were all twisted and tissue was forming around it. I am against IUD's.. But maybe it will work for you....OH and I gained 40 lb that yr
    Lilrugrats

Answer by Lilrugrats at 2:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I have the paragard and love it.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I used to have Mirena and I LOVED it
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 7:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2011