Do your kids attend La Petite Academy or Goddard School?

How do you like them? How do your kids like them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 3.5 yo has been going to Goddard since she turned 1. We've been pretty happy with it. They have a great ciriculum, and most of the teachers have been wonderful. Tess is very happy there, especially with water day Fridays going on this summer.

Centers vary from location to location, depending a lot on the owner and management. Our place has had a pretty high turnover of teachers, while one in the next town has some teachers still there after 12 years.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:28 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I would judge a childcare based on the individual staff of that program vs their "reputation". Even if they have a great curriculum, a program can still suck without good staff
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• for school i visited both for a day. the La Petite in our area was just sad, they just played while the "teachers" stood around. the Goddard school was better equipped, but the kids didnt get much play time.

having said that those are only the ones in my area. you really have to check & see how the ones in your area are to know if they are good or not.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Ok, thanks. I toured the La Petite today and they seemed very nice. I will tour the Goddard School next Monday. thanks again
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• no they don't
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 11:24 AM on Jul. 7, 2011