Can i be pregnant and not know it or why are my periods so weird

i was wondering what could cause my periods to change so much recently ...i am not on birth control i do not have any extra stress or illness..i do have hypothyroidism but have been checked and my levels are normal...ok so my last full out period was march 2011 which is also the last month i had unprotected sex since then ill get light spotting each month and it starts brownish and gets very light red and has no odor plus it only lastss 3 days at most...i got it june 25th -28th and it was only present when i wipped after going to the bathroom now i got it agian july 2nd and it was a bit more but still not much it was red and it only lasted 2 days and ive had horrible cramps that feel like gas pain and cramps together and nothing helps them ....any one have any clue please becasue this is so different then my normal period (heavy long and dark and smelly) i am eating a lot healthier and avoiding sweets which i usually love my back hurts and ill get random pains in my ribs and fluttering or gassy feeling in my lower tummy and ive gained 7 pounds :( please help me haha im going out of my mind ....i took a first response hpt yesterday and of course it was negative

jasmineb614

Asked by jasmineb614 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• THere's a 50/50 chance.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:43 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• your best bet is to visit the doc... there are a variety of things that could be going on - too many to name, and some would just make you worried.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• You need to get the hypothyroidism under control. If you aren't on any hypothyroid meds you might want to re-check your levels including free T4 and free T3. Being hypo does screw with your cycle and does cause weight gain. I have not heard of anyone having hypothyroid who didn't need the medication.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I have a similar problem. June i had a period for a week i was off for one day and back on for another week. I always have a pretty heavy period and always on Cd1, i also have a few cramps on this day two. Im am concerned because last month i had what i thought was a period. I came on on the 26th june i have spotted throughout my cycle and had one day where i was really heavy. it is now 12th of july and i am still spotting and it has a really unusual odor. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? x
    BabyMad93

Answer by BabyMad93 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I AM ON MEDS FOR THE HYPO LOL SORRY I THOUGHT I PUT THAT IN THERE AND ACTUALLY THE LAST TIME I CHECKED MY LEVELS WERE GOING DOWN FROM A 4 TO A 1.5
    jasmineb614

Comment by jasmineb614 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011