Was it rude of me to not want her along?

Read my other two questions for additional details...when you click on my screenname my other questions should be up there....

Dh came home and we did some grocery shopping, went to the fireworks, and on the way he tells me how he would have liked his mom to come along. ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!! I said that she could have gone with bil cuz she probably would have had more fun with him (he got a 4 day weekend, we got one evening, thanks to her). Dh starts yelling about how he wasn't talking about bil, he was talking about mil, I just didn't want her along (which I didn't but I was trying to say it in a more polite way).

The reason I didn't is because for several months now, she has been calling everyday, many times multiple times a day, even causing dh to go over on his minutes knowing better--she has rushed US off the phone cuz her minutes are limited, but can't be bothered to call the house phone first??? DH says we should pay for more minutes. I said there's no justification when we have a landline and it doesn't kill his friends to call the house. She has also demanded my dh go 6 hours out of his way to chauffer her b/c she couldn't be bothered to buy a car with decent gas mileage, and every time dh doesn't answer the phone, which isn't often, she demands to know why. But he thinks I'm rude when I dont want her along.

The good news? He complained about having to "run" for people (I depend on him for transportation), mummy included. Hopefully he'll get tired of running crazy for her????

purplerobin

Asked by purplerobin at 11:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Ahhh,,,,,in laws. gotta love em right?
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• throwing up I'd love em more if they'd move farther away :)

purplerobin

Comment by purplerobin (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I don't think you're wrong for wanting one evening without her. I don't know how he can stand her behavior.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I know MILs are soooo hard to deal with. I would plan a nice night out - just the two of you - and let your husband know you planned a special DATE night so he gets the idea that his momma isn't invited. In our relationship it took hubby seeing how horrible his mom was for him to understand where I was coming from - and that took 16 years. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I love my mother in law but her being around to much gets annoying. I like to do some stuff with him and the kids alone
    chelseacelest15

Answer by chelseacelest15 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• if you don't want em along, you just don't! it's hard to change that
    why ignore your feelings about that? i would stick to my guns
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2011