Baby VS. Car Seat

How do I get my 3 month old baby to like the car seat. He screams everytime I put him in it and we go somewhere! It makes me never want to go anywhere!

kristianmommy

Asked by kristianmommy at 11:57 AM on Jul. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I never had any trouble with my dd, but my ds was another story! At 3 mo. we stopped using the carrier because he fought it so. He rode in a carseat easier then. But around the age of 1, he would fight us sooooo bad! It seriously would take two of us 15 min to pin him down to get the thing buckled! Usually we both were in tears when it was done! We just kept at it, eventually he became easier. You just have to stay at it, and I know how hard it is!! At 2 1/2 now, he likes to ride. Good luck and be patient!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 12:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• my daughter (6 months) doesn't like it either.. I try to feed her first, and put her down for her nap in it, then buckle her in to go.. it seems to help a lot.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• we brought ours in and used it as a chair and a play seat. the more time she spent in it the better it got for us.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Is he in an infant carrier or a convertible seat? You might want to try a convertible seat.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• ok thanks
    kristianmommy

Comment by kristianmommy (original poster) at 8:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My almost 9 month old hates being tied down too. But once he is in the car and moving he stops within a couple minutes. Just stick to it, this is only the first many things you will make him do to keep him safe.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 11:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2011