STRESSED

How do you deal with it? I hate me job, only come cause I have to I hate the home life it's getting to where I just don't want to be there. My BF is an alcoholic I love him but just cant take it much more, my daughter and my grandson and her bf are always there, you never get time to yourself, the bills and no money have stressed me soooooooo bad, what do you do, I am so ready to give up I can't take much more, what do I do ?????????? I'm miserable and I am so not looking for someone to feel sorry for me just some kind of help on what to do.........

buttonlts

Asked by buttonlts at 12:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think you need to set some boundaries and quickly.

I would stop enabling the BF immediately. MOVE OUT. He is not going to change unless he hits rock bottom and frankly by enabling him you are allowing him to thrive rather than hit his bottom.

You need to set clear and specific boundaries for your daughter. When she is and is not allowed to come over and make sure the boundary is something you can realistically deal with. Hold to it and don't budge until that bad habit has been broken.

And finally make sure you schedule in YOU time. Actually put it in your calendar. If someone wants you to do something during that time you can say, "Sorry I have an appointment then."
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 12:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I pray a lot......LOL Seriously, I try (and it is very hard most days) to keep a positive attitude and not let them bother me.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Take a deep breath and take baby steps. Don't look at the whole picture, just a little piece of it.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I agree with the other answers. I just wanted to throw out there that deep breathing, yoga, and other exercises can help with your stress levels as well.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I just want it all to end Im so tired of having to deal with everything, Im through but what do I do have had awful thoughts and they are getting worse I just oh so want to run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    buttonlts

Comment by buttonlts (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Where are you in your job search?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Either the BF gives up alcohol or you walk ~ that is the end result ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2011