• In the Spotlight:

How do you find happiness in yourself and not be affected by people around you?

I ask this question because I find that I am not happy. I am in a tough relationship that has been an emotional rollercoaster for me from the very beginning. I hope things get better but I don't know. And I dont want my happiness to be determined on him or anyone else anymore.

Msunique80

Asked by Msunique80 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• well you know what they say, you can't be happy with someone if your not happy with yourself. so find what makes you happy. anything from, reading in peace, working out, or going to the mall by yourself and just walking around. you need to find happiness but if you know that being with him isn't making you happy, figure out why and if it can't be fixed, move on. you may love him....cuz it happens, but if he can't make you happy then you can't be with him. but it's up to you, don't worry bout other people cuz they don't pay your bills or love you like you love yourself
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• You have to hold your head high and be determined to live your life for yourselve. Don't allow anyone to tell you otherwise. By asking someone a personal question, you are allowing that person a right to interfere. You make your own choices and decisions. Don't base your happiness around anyone else... just be content with you FIRST. The next thing you need to do is close the door around you to all people with such emotional issues, drama, etc.. Don't bother with these people. I have never dated a man in the past who was abusive, involved in drugs, family domestic situations or whatever, I just never subjected myself to this situation. I could meet someone and not let it go any further. My friends never even had these situations, I simply didn't get involved. Oh, I had many friends try to get me involved, but I simply backed away. You have to be in control and realize it is your life. Hope this helps.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• its hard, i agree...when, really, it should be easy! i go back and forth. i've been reading this book called created to be his helpmeet, by debi pearl and that is helping me. i can tell when i'm not reading it, though, because i get unhappy again. its all about being thankful for what you do have and making the best of every situtation. focus your attention on the important things in life. keep yourself busy with what you need to be concentrating on and then you wont have time to think about it. for me, a huge part of it is God. when i have Him, i'm happy. when i stray, i'm miserable. when i'm working on being the person he wants me to be and following his word instead of my own, i'm a lot happier in life.
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 3:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Finding true happiness is hard. I told my BF today that I haven't been happy in a long time. I am really considering getting out of this relationship. Sometimes we are better off by ourselves, relationships complicate things.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 1:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2008