Outline of specific parts of Obamacare.... thoughts?

JUDGE KITHIL IS THE 2ND OFFICIAL WHO HAS OUTLINED THESE PARTS OF THE CARE BILL.
Judge Kithil of Marble Falls, TX

JUDGE KITHIL wrote:

** Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.

** Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts.

** Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the government) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN).

** Page 203/line 14-15: The tax imposed under this section will not be treated as a tax. (How could anybody in their right mind come up with that?)

** Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees.

** Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age.

** Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an exception.

** Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five years. (Death counseling..)

** Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order.
HAD ENOUGH???? Judge Kithil then goes on to identify:

"Finally, it is specifically stated that this bill will not apply to members of Congress. Members of Congress are already exempt from the Social Security system, and have a well-funded private plan that covers their retirement needs. If they were on our Social Security plan, I believe they would find a very quick 'fix' to make the plan financially sound for their future."

(This letter was circulated starting in 2009, http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/kithil.asp)

amazinggrace83

Asked by amazinggrace83 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• And there are still people out there who support this crap. )c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I agree with the judge!

I can't believe people think this would work?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• beckie66 the point is that ANY of it being true is a problem.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• And if you read the Snopes page, it says it is a MIXTURE - so some is true, and some isn't.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees. Insurance companies do now, what's the difference?   

Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age. Insurance companies do now...what's the difference? 

Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Everyone should have, written on paper, thier wishes for end of life care. I can't imagine why requiring someone to do so would be an issue.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Did you just copy and paste my link that I already provided in the post??? Some of it is true, not completely inaccurate. I asked for thoughts and didn't state what I do or do not believe.

amazinggrace83

Comment by amazinggrace83 (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

Comment by amazinggrace83 (original poster) 53 minutes ago

Yeah...sorry..."not completely inaccurate" isn't a very good standard for information sharing.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I don't know about snopes but I quickly found that the woman Politifact asked to check it is a nut with just a couple of sentences.

The claim that the bill provides free health care for illegal immigrants is particularly egregious, Tolbert said. "No one's provided with free health care. That's ridiculous," she said.

There ya go. Bald face lie right there. There are millions (many illegals)who get free healthcare now and that is not going to stop.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• A Doc's perspective

http://www.mdmagazine.com/publications/primary-care/2011/Jun2011/Health-Care-Reform-How-Will-it-Impact-the-Practicing-Physician

"Medicare will be paying worse than Medicaid within the course of about 10 years. We're not leaving physicians any options in terms of starting up and maintaining profitable practices that give anyone adequate return on investment. That's a bad thing for the country"...

"So you have a situation if the government starts making those kinds of decisions... as they already do with their ability to pre-authorize or not pre-authorize things. As a doctor, you're faced with a situation where you know what is best for this patient in a particular circumstance, but you're not allowed to do it"...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Well, of course, but we have no idea what is and what isn't, so I don't hold much stock in it.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2011