Who did you have with you in the birth room when you had you child(ren)

I wanna know because everyone on my side wanna be in the room with me but I don't want EVERY one to see my Vag... I need your help please

Right now I might let my mom, dad, bf, bf's parents (maybe)

vannahbaby213

Asked by vannahbaby213 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• DH, that is it. Even if my parents had been able to be there, they would have been in the waiting room. DH and I both discussed right away that we would be the only people in room, unless he was deployed.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My husband was there for both, my mom was there for my first (and she nearly passed out - she babysat when our younger daughter came along). No one else was allowed in the room until after the birth. I didn't want a bunch of lookie-loos around.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• my mom and my sister and my DH but then it turned into emergency C-section so just my hubby and docs...if you don't want them seeing you in all your glory then I would suggest not letting be in the room.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My mom was in the room for the labor but as soon as they said its time to push she went into the waiting room. So the only one there beside doctor was my hubby. But thats what I wanted and we talked about it before hand and I told my mom my wishes so that way she knew what to expect. I suggest if you dont want everyone in the room during delivery, you make it known now and make sure the doctors and nurses know so they can help limit visitors during that time. Making it known before the actual event will limit the surprise to all the people who want to be there. And it will make your day more special.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My mom and DH.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My mom, my mil, my dh with both kids.
    I have a close relationship with my mil.

It didn't phase me that they saw my vag. My mil also helped me with techniques with bf-ing. I'm a very shy, "prude" and I was fine.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Just my husband. I'm a very private person, and no one else will be there when DD is born next month either.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Besides the nurses, doctor, and a student nurse - my Husband. It was perfect!
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 12:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Son: my husband was the only one that stayed, but because I had 24+ hours of labor with no pushing family and friends would stop by to chat for a few minutes, before the nurses kicked them all out. He wound up being an emergency C-section. Hubby was the only one in the OR with me for THAT.

Daughter: Hubby and my half sister. She was still in nursing school and this was a GREAT observation for her for schooling. My daughter was a planned C-section.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My fiance is deployed but I'm praying he gets leave. If he does then it's just going to be me and him. If not I'm going to ask his mom to be in there with me.
    mommysemperfi

Answer by mommysemperfi at 1:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2011