Any tips for helping my 9 month old feel at home in our new place?

We will be moving in about a week and I think my little one might have a hard time with it. When we'rehome he's usually very happy, active, and outgoing but as soon as we leave our home he becomes very shy and quiet. I fear that our move might freak him out, help!

Jen0ette

Asked by Jen0ette at 12:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just had this issue. After a few days she got used to it (once the house was unpacked and it looked more like our old home. For the first few days I couldn't even set her down! My DD is also 9 months. Set his room up first, so that @ least his room is just like his old room.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• your little one will be fine...babies that young live in the moment...my daughter was 2 1/2 when we moved and she asked 2 times where is home..after that, she never remembered it...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• remember your home is where you make it...if you're there then that's all baby cares about :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• He'll be fine. We moved when my son was 2. There was no adjustment needed at all. Because we were there, and all of his things were there, he was absolutely fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• His overall behavior sounds totally normal. My 4 year old is the same way, and has been from a young baby. At home she's a HUGE motor mouth from the minute she wakes up to the minute she gives up the fight against sleep at night. BUT, take her out and about and she will say 2 words, at most, to anyone that even looks at her. When she was about the same age as your son, if someone talked to her, she'd find some neutral space, stare into it and ignore EVERYONE, even Mom/Dad who was holding her.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2011