Have you ever had a sink refinished?

On tv commercials I've seen where you can have an old bathtub refinished or maybe a pink tub turned white. Can this be done with a sink?

BlogWithMom

Asked by BlogWithMom at 12:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We had it done and it chipped all over. So, we had a guy cut through the tile and put in a new one and replace the tile.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• A sink, no. But unless it is an original farmhouse sink in an original farm house - a sink is something I would replace and not refurbish.

We have had our bathtub redone due to hard water damage. Our next door neighbor does this and he did a great job.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• No. I cant say Ive ever had a sink redone. My parents had their claw foot cast iron tub redone once though. A new sink is pretty inexpensive if yours isnt great.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 1:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• How big is it? You can find a lot of stuff they don't carry in stores from sites like Faucets Direct.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• No. New sinks aren't that expensive and can make a huge difference in a house. If it's a bathroom sink, you can get a pretty new drop in for less than $50. Kitchen sinks are easy, too. We replaced ours with a nice chocolate colored composite granite one that was about $270, but you can get a stainless one for as little as $80 or so. They are very easy to install.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I haven't, but I'm sure you can.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 1:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• You can pick up a complete vanity sink and cabinet at Home Depot for about 50 dollars for the basic models. It is not worth it to refurbish.
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My problem is that my sink is so big and the color looks bad, but the granite people say they don't think they can find a larger sink so I can keep the granite and they don't have matching granite so replacing my sink would also mean replacing granite which would cost me lots! I just need a solution to this worn looking black sink -- refurbishing was my only thought. Any others?
    BlogWithMom

Comment by BlogWithMom (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• We have not
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 6:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• WE had our tubs refinished when we were moving. It looked a lot better and helped to sell the house.
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 6:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011