Just wondering

Have any of you had your membranes stripped and did it work? I had mine done yesterday And I have been feeling REALLY crampy today. Just wondering if this worked for any of you. If it did what's your story? New time momma. 39 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I refused it. I've heard that it's very painful, but effective. I hope it works for you! Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:29 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• yes i had mine done at 40wks and i went into labor 24hours later. My friend had hers done at 38wks and she never did go into labor untill they had to induce her at 40wks. So i guess sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. She never did feel crampy afterwards and I did so it sounds like it may have worked for you.
    I suggest walking that might help also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Actually I didn't think it hurt hardly at all. I didn't even know he did it until afterwards he told me. I was like "that was it?" LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My doctor stripped my membranes when I was 40 wks 3 days. I was going to be induced that night but went into labor about 5 hours later. It did not hurt. I did not even know he did it until afterwards.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 12:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Not sure if it helped or not, but I did go into labor a few days later. It's normal to be crampy and to have some spotting afterward.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2008