How to get baby to sleep in crib?

Since my baby girl was born, she refused to sleep alone. Putting her in the bassinet was like dipping her in acid!!! now she is 5 months old and im ready to have my husband back in the bed with me. Any suggestions?

nola4eva

Asked by nola4eva at 12:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• well I nver really gave my kids a choice. My oldest was in his crib at 2 weeks and youngest by 5 weeks. Hopefully you will find some usefull answers
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• wow so he's not sleeping in bed with you? hope you get some good suggestions sorry but i don't have any
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• She's so used to it already, it's going to be hard for you guys. But, do you hold her all night long, or does she lay flat on her back in your bed? Have you tried the swaddle me sleep sacks that keeps her tucked in tight all night? What about some soft music? Does she scream as soon as you put her down? What is the difference between your bed and hers, other than the obvious?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Hard but I had to let mine cry. Every night I would let her cry a few minutes comfort and few minutes. I started at 10 minutes each time and added time each night. I would sit on the edge of my bed and cry too, but after a few nights it go better. She then started to sleep through the night after about a week. The older they get the harder it will be. A friend of mine has a 3 1/2 year old and still gets up 4 times a night and she sleeps with her. It's ok to let them cry. Just use your mommy instinct and don't let it go too long. Babies learn quick to get what they want and like.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• If you have a convertible crib, convert it to the toddler bed. Press up against the wall, and press your bed right up to the toddler bed. When you lay down to nurse her start on the side away from the TB, lying so you are pretty much aginst the edge of the beds. Whenyou switch sides have her lying on her bed. Once she falls asleep slide her further on her bed.

Also where an old T-shirt, preferably bra less for a day then use it to make her a comfy to snuggle with. Moy's scent will comfort her.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 11:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2011