Child Support

My daughter's dad refuses to return calls from their office and won't take the DNA test. What will end up happening? Will he have to pay back support? I thought TANF was for mom's who didn't get child support, but they won't let me have TANF. I don't get the system, it's dumb.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Money & Work

• If he continue to refuse CSE attempts, the office will go ahead and set up a court date and if he refuse to come he will be held in comtempt of court and probably lock up. In the mean time if or when they find his employer, his wages will be garnish. He will also have to pay back child support. In GA it start as far back as when you first file. In some states it starts back when you was carrying the child. TANF is suppose to help a person who is in need of financial help regardless if you received child support or not. If you do end up getting TANF, when you do get child support, the state will get more than half of your child support to pay back the state for TANF. At least that is how it is here in GA. I agree, the system is dumb. FYI, make sure you stay on your child support case worker to make sure they are always working on your case because if you don't, your case will get lost in the system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• He will get a court order saying that he HAS to take the DNA test. If he doesn't, he will be arrested. And yes, you will get the back child support. He can run but he can't hide! I went thorugh the whole child support thing and it is a pain, but it is worth it too. Hang in there.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 1:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2008