The whinning three year old whom always seems to have a scowl on her face.

At 17 months my granddaughter was scalded over 39% of her body, my daughter was investigated by the local detectives and dhs and found NOT guilty. The baby had crawled up on the toilet , crawled into the sink, turned on the hot water, the hot water heater .choose that time to start to malfunction and put out water at 135 degrees. The baby had third degree burns in 3 seconds. Months in Ia. City, 4 skin graphs, having to relearn to walk 3 times, lots of rehab,at Ia. City Waterloo. and at home, which is with me. My daughter was asked to resign from her job at Ageon, she would not leave the hospital......or her daughter. Any way we now have a whinny, scowl faced little girl on our hands. Mom has finished her BA while taking care of her little girl the last 18 months.This behavior is seriously getting on both of our nerves ANY suggestions or thoughts will/would be greatly appreciated!!

marlyce811

Asked by marlyce811 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ahh.. Poor little girl and I am so sorry for all 3 of you :(
    I think like any child no matter what, rules still need to apply to her although I know myself, I'd probably be more lienent on her given her lack of being able to be an actual child, she might be just a bit behind for what she's had to go through already, however whinning and being 3 is very common no matter what.. I'm sorry
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• sorry have no advice but i would have a scowl on my face too
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed off too... is there any way she might still hurt? Mabey that's what it is...
    Although some little kids are just like that.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Poor Honey! I am so sorry your granddaughter had to go through all that!! That must have been a very traumatic, and I can imagine that she's having some trouble understanding how to live happily. Has anyone mentioned the possibility of getting psychological help for her? There are therapists who specialize in infant-toddler mental health who can work with the caregivers to help a very young child deal with trauma and bring peace and normalcy back to the family. Of course then you'll still have to deal with normal little kid behavior, but I'm sure you two can handle that. I'd try to find someone who can help you all figure out what this little girl needs. Good luck.

Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2011