What does it mean if you almost drown?

I have heard things like you have to go back and reclaim your soul or something bad is coming. ......I have been a fairly good swimmer all my life, but yesterday was a bad day..the whole family was in tubes tied together (6 tubes) and were planning on floating down the river.. first I had so much trouble getting in the tube I swear I felt like everyone was looking and laughing. I have gained over 60lbs in 2 yrs and have trouble doing the things I used too...I finally got in and 5 min later...I had a panic attack when my son was too far out (he was in his float, and let go of the rope he did not want to be IN a tube....but still I imagined the worst..I jumped off the tube and swam fast to him when I got to him I couldn't breath, I was hurting all over, and couldn't touch the ground the family was laughing and I was pissed that no one helped...I finally got to a tube and my husband realized I was struggling I tried once again to get in a tube.. I gave up my fat ass couldn't do it.. then I just thought I would hold on and float along with them.. NOPE I started to cry and told my hubby I WANT OUT... I finally got out and was shaking.. heart was pounding all over I could feel it in my toes. It took me 20 min to catch my breath...I am not really sure what happened but I always thought I was a good swimmer. But after all of this I HAVE to loose weight if I can't swim to protect my kids then something is wrong!

Lilrugrats

Asked by Lilrugrats at 1:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think it sounds like you had a panic attack over physical inability from being overweight. That would REALLY make the physical acts of swimming and helping yourself and your child worse. While being a healthy weight is a good thing, I would look at treating some possible anxiety as well.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I didn't mean "over being overweight" I meant "rather than just being overweight".
    Mom-2-3-Girlz