My husband and I jsut got in an argument about.. adult content

WEIGHT. i mentioned to him that his sister has gotten pretty big sInce the last time we've seen her. He reply "well youve been warned." this meant ive already been warned that he is not going to want me if i got big like that 200+. Im 5'4 167lb now. I got so angry and told him well dont get in a car accident and get burnt the fuck up because im not gonna want you either. then he gets mad and says well that would be out of my control. undesirable is undesirable i dont care how you got there. this is my thought process any way. (i would NEVER leave him because of his outside appearance btw. i was just trying to make a point) i told him soooo if your dad left your mom because she got FAT, would you be ok with that? no answer on his part. i could be wrong but im almost POSITIVE our vows said for better or worse.
JUST WANTED TO VENT LADIES BUT FEEL FREE TO COMMENT.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Your husband is a jerk and I wouldn't want to be with at all after that. I'm sorry.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My father would agree with him. Lol he tells me to keep up with myself too. Men will be men!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Sounds like he doesn't love you for you.
    Anonymous

• Your dh is an ass.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My husband told me before we were married that if I ever gained more than 15 pounds he would divorce me. Pregnancy and major health problems not included. But if out of laziness on my part I gained weight then he would no longer be attracted to me and I would not be the woman he fell in love with and married. As shitty as it is, I see his point.
    I also believe that we should do what we can to be attractive for our mates and marriage is not a reason to "let yourself go".
    Anonymous

• i know how u feel sorry hun
    jeannette8788

Answer by jeannette8788 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• WOW...he is a jerk. If he really loves you, it should not matter how you look truthfully.
    momof3trs

Answer by momof3trs at 1:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• what a butthead! what happens if you got a disease and the side affect made you gain weight, with it being next to impossible to lose!? what then? the circumstances are out of control, but the end result would still be the same, right?

anon: so when you are 80 years old, you better not be over 15 lbs than what you are now?! seriously?... and i question whats wrong with the future generation-- wth is wrong with OUR generation? (yea- i'm a big girl- but i'd never look down on someone for being too big, too skinny, etc. i judge for WHO they are; not what they are)
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 2:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• WOW. what a JERK! I dont think he would get laid any time soon..
    Im sorry but when you marry a person -- YOU DONT MARRY THEIR LOOKS! Looks fade! You marry their heart!

I feel very luck b/c i gained alot of weight with DD that i have not been able to lose (i went from 160 to 220) and DH still cant keep his hands off me!! When you love someone you see beauty in them that cant be swayed.
    And DH has gained some weight as well, I am still attracted to him.... Yes we both want to lose weight, for health, our kids, and each other.. but we would never think about "if u dont look this way i wont love you"
    It is like the love of our kids. You find them perfect just the way they are!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• What a jerk! IF he really loved you, he would love you no matter what. It is what is on the inside that really counts, not the outer wrapping...... If my hubs ever said that to me my inner bitchzilla would come out and I would be liike "hmmm how much weight have YOU gained over the last 20 years Slenderella? You have packed on the pounds and are not as thin as you once were. So you have a lot of room to talk and give me a warning!". I also would not be so willing to forgive, forget or do much for him (read NO SEX), until he apologized and made it up to me somehow.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:20 PM on Jul. 5, 2011