Dont know when child was concieved

Ok so my periods have been irregular since i started having them. My last period was sept. 1st. I took at two preg test in the middle of october both were negative. So i took another one Nov 24th it was positive. Went to the doc to confirm it. And doc said i was only a couple of weeks! has anyone ever heard of someone concieving without having a period?? (besides me :)

mzQ

Asked by mzQ at 11:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol your not the only one. I have never had reqular periods unless i was taking B/C. So i had my period around June 19th Did start my period in july at all so the first of aug i took a test it was negative so i waited another week took another test around the 7 orr 8th of aug it was post. Went to the dr office to confirm and found out by U/S we were only about 4weeks along so i concieved around July 19th give a few days or two befor or after the 19th.
    To find out about when you concieved just count back 40wks from your due date.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• oops i hate when i dont see a typing error right away
    I mean to say I DIDNT start my period in july.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• It can be hard to determine due date if you have irregular periods. I didn't have one at all between my 2nd and 3rd kids so there was no way to estimate conception from LMP. An ultrasound will give you an estimated due date and you can work backwards to figure out when you concieved.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2008