Do you and your SO have a special song that when you hear it it brings a certain memory back to mind?

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep, lots of them. DH is a music junkie so there is always music playing and often during the same time. For example he has a playlist that he used to play every night as we laid in bed when we first got married. So every time I hear one of those 7 songs I think about our first TINY apartment with no air-conditioning and just laying there trying not to move because it was too hot. :D Also think about how peaceful and wonderful those days were with DH. :D
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 2:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Yes, Michael Bolton Soul Provider. It was our wedding song. It reminds me how my husband wanted to marry and take good care of me.
    maggiebgood

Answer by maggiebgood at 1:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Certain songs remind me of him, but he doesn't think like that, it's a woman thing. Unless it's a wedding song, I don't think many men have a "special" song lol.
    Anonymous

• To be honest every Tim McGraw song I hear reminds me of my fiance - it's like William told Tim about our relationship and asked him to write several songs. I'm not just talking about the slow ones either; one of our favorite Tim McGraw songs is "Something Like That" and that's not slow at all. But I must say the song that really brings memories or my fiance to mind is Tim's song "My Best Friend". William is truly my best friend and every word in that song rings true about us and our wonderful relationship.
    Ladybugkisses76

Comment by Ladybugkisses76 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Oh, I beg to differ Anon (and I'm not being sarcastic either) but my fiance has told me that certain songs remind him of me and he can remember what he or I was doing when a certain song was playing too. Not to mention that my BIL feels the same way - but then again a lot of men probably feel that way to. Country music is full of men singing romantic songs about the lady in their life. Brad Paisley, Black Sheldon, Darius Rucker, Kenny Chesney and so many more.
    Ladybugkisses76

Comment by Ladybugkisses76 (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• The processional and recessional from our wedding (Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley and I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Our wedding song This Years Love by David Gray
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2011