What did you do or get for your daughter's 16th birthday?

My daughter is turning 16 in a few weeks and I'm not sure what to get her. We cannot do anything elaborate, like on TV, but what did you get your daughter for her 16th? I want to make it special, but right now, she's really not into nice jewelry. Just trying to get ideas. A few of her friends' parents treated their daughter and like 5 of their friends to a dinner at a restaurant, along with a gift. Any ideas???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• For our daughter's 16th birthday we bought her a car - a 92 mazda miata. It's really cute and we saved for months to get it. What does your daughter like to do? A nice dinner or maybe a fun weekend with friends would be great.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Birth control!!! LOL!!!!

Answer by louise2 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• LOL I'll tell you in about 12 years when my daughter is 16. Sorry, not much help.

I think at 16 I really wanted to do more with my friends than my family, but my family is also super dysfunctional. Ask her what she'd like to do and try to plan off of that.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• 16, we got her a gift card to Books a Million - she LOVES to read. We also had a pizza and movie night with her friends and the girls stayed over.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• For my sisters sweet 16, My parents rented a hall and just threw a simple party with some friends. What does she like to do? Maybe go out for a nice dinner.
    CorrinMaguire

Answer by CorrinMaguire at 3:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2011