Long time old interest. Back around, with a child. But in the meatime, what should I do?

I have reunited with a family friend who has over the years had a child (I was active friends with his wife at the time bc he was a friend of the family)and he and his wife divorced in April of this year. I am a 32 year old single woman who wants a family. He is 34 and was a traveling father while the mother of his child stayed in the state. He got in a quick painful relationship after that one. The mother is not involved. And he has full custody. He has recently come to my family and shared his adventures and hardship. Now living only an hour away from me, he wants to explore his emotions for me.
He recently told me that he had a crush on me since we met. I had total crush too. We have discussed getting together eventually after he works out his baggage and gets his life in order. People say it can be a perfect package deal. I've been back and forth with this and I want to hear what others might have to say.

MCTexas

Asked by MCTexas at 1:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• If his wife is still an active friend of yours, it may not be good idea to get involved with him. You two will definitely not be friends anymore. If not, go right ahead, I don't see why not. Expecially if you and him had crushes on each other. It may just work out.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 2:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• If you guys feel the same way about each other then explore it and see what happens. If its meant to be then it will work out for you two and good luck.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• there is nothing here about your feelings for him save a past crush and that you know it's better to wait until he has resolved his issues. you can still have a family - i had a child at 22 but did not marry. i got married at age 39 and had a baby at age 41. this sounds like a matter of convenience, habit rather than you finding the love of your life.. just my thoughts. good luck to you.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Thank you! It's not that it's a matter of convenience or not. As far as I am concerned, time is on my side in any matter. This or that.I am not looking towards this opportunity to save me from my single-dome. That's preposterous and although I know it's common, I am fully well balanced individual. Or else I would have jumped in and not asked this advise of others.

I want more to give him his time and get back in his flow with his child rather than jump into anything. I didn't iterate that the mother and I became friendly bc he worked out of town and she was from another state and had no friends. She is not active in either of their lives.

I have had a difficult time dating men that are not really emotionally available and I feel a real connection with this father and hearing others' stories helps. I am like I said, no rush but looking for similar stories.
    MCTexas

Comment by MCTexas (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2011