is this a waste of money or does it work?

So im 21weeks and thought about buying one of those cheap baby fetal heart monitors you can get at target for like 20dollers. Yes its cheap but if they dont work i dont wana buy it.
Did anyone else buy one of these and did it work for you?

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I heard in my due date group that they are crap and most people returned them but I have heard good things about renting better ones online for cheap
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 11:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i got one of the cheap ones, and i used it for my son. yes it worked, but i think i was like 29 weeks along. it only works in your late third trimester
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I used mine with my first and would always listen to him before I went to bed. You have to be quite pregnant though, so it may be a little early for you.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i got one with my second pregancy and i was not able to hear anything till i was about 30 weeks. so if you are going to get one i would wait till you are a little further along.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 12:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2008