??? about BBT

If You are Taking your Temps every morning you know what a BBT is. Please answer only if you are Temping and TTC or a Temping PRO LOL. In Winter months I have noticed temps are Lower. Not below normal just not as high as they are in the Summer. I live in AZ so we go from exteme hot to extreme cold easily. In the summer My BBT's before ovulation range between 97.3 and 97.70 when I ovulate in summer I have a full thermal shift with temps above 98 degrees until AF . Im noticing in winter My temps are 97.1 to 97.3 and after ovulation they are 97.5 to 97.9 not rising above 98 degrees at all! It does get chilly in the house I do have the heat on but not to high its about 72 to 75 its comfortable. but at night it gets colder in the house than the day. So im wondering if my BBT's are acting this way cause its cold. Here is my chart , http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24361a

Alina22174

Asked by Alina22174 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Temperature does have an affect on your temps. If you are cold your temps will be lower. As long as you still have the basic pattern, you should be fine. You dont have to have a temp over 98. It is still shoing ovulation so you are good.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have also been charting since May. I have not seen my temps changing due to temps. I try and keep my house on 70 summer and winter so it should be about the same in the house when you wake up. also, the outside temp shouldn't affect your body temp by too much. Probably not even enough to notice a difference. Just because its 40 outside doesnt mean your body changes from its normal 98.7 or whatever you are. I don't know why its lower. I could be any number of factors but as long as you have the second half of your cycle higher than the first half then you are ovulating and i wouldn't worry about the actual numbers that much.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I temp, too, and I wonder this. Sometimes it's cold, sometimes it's hot, even in the same season. (Louisiana) and I feel like it messes with my temps b/c the air in the house will always be changing. I am not sure though, but you aren't alone in wondering. Honestly it makes sense to me that if the house is cold and you are cold, that your BBT would be lower...
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 6:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2008