Do you bring a towel if you are going to swim at someone elses pool?

UGH my boyfriend is really getting on my nerves today.. He thinks its rude that I'd ask him to bring a towel over to go swimming at my moms. He thinks they should be provided for him. I told him its not a hotel and its rude you wouldn't just bring your own. Anytime I go places with my kids.. to a friends pool or even family members pool we bring all our own stuff towels, sunscreen, etc. How is that rude?

Februarymom2009

Asked by Februarymom2009 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I personally bring towels, but if you have a pool and people over, it's good to have towels in case people don't have them. We've always kept extra towels for guests, and never thought of it as a big deal.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Your BF is rude. As you said... it is not a hotel. And your mo is being gracious enough to let people swim in it, why should she also have to do more work to clean up after and wash all those dirty towels? I would tell him that he doesn't have to go if he won't bring his own towel.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• hes so offended over it. i have enough laundry to do i dont need extra dirty towels how hard is it just to bring one flipping towel with you. if you forget it fine but it just seems courteous. hes so angry over the whole thought that i would ask him to bring one and it apparenty makes me so rude that hes now threatening to call a lawyer for custody of our son? my god i think theres something wrong with him
    Februarymom2009

Comment by Februarymom2009 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Yes, we bring them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I thought that was common knowledge. Your mom is kind enough to open her pool to you guys she shouldn't have to provide sun screen and do extra laundry. I mean really. If you go to a public pool you bring your own towel right. Your mother's house should be no different.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I normally bring our own.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I bring my own.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I take ours. In fact I take extras.
    fairy_fan

Answer by fairy_fan at 2:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I bring them
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• we take our own because we always end up with a "wet butt" on the drive home or need something to put our wet clothes in once we take them off
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2011