What is part time call in?

I just got a call about a job and the lady said it was a part time call in.
I have no idea.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would think that t means on-call, no regular schedule. Ask the employer to be certain.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• casual, they will call you last minute when they need you, could be often or maybe not so often.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• it means you will have part time hours and they will call you in when they need you, typically when someone calls in sick or needs vacation time, etc and they need a replacement.. basically you are a sub.

What this means is you work for them, (again basically like a sub), BUT if a position opens up, you can post for it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• If you didn't know, then you should have asked. No one wants an employee who is afraid to ask questions when she/he does not understand something.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• rkoloms for your info. I did call them back but the lady was out. I have to be there at 9 in the morning. As to others thank you for your answer.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Be sure to ask about their PRN requirements. That sounds like what you are going to be working.. it stands for Per Request as Needed. Usually very sparatic on the schedule and available for call ins. Where I work, we have a requirement, that you have to work 16 hours/month to keep your PRN status.
    AudraMorgan

Answer by AudraMorgan at 2:58 AM on Jul. 6, 2011