So Weiner gets fired for showing his cock on the internet but a woman can get away with murdering her child. Is there something seriously wrong with this country? adult content

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 2:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Hellllllll Yesssssss!!! Bump!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Kinda of beyond fucked...
    HoldFast86

Answer by HoldFast86 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• yes, yes there is.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Lmao!! Sad but true. Bullshit.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• No comparison, I'm afraid. Weiner was pushed by public opinion. But of necessity, public opinion has no place in the criminal court. Only the opinion of those 12 jurors matters.

So again it goes back to: Does this mean we eliminate trial by jury? One of the rights guaranteed by our Constitution? I don't think any of us would rather be tried by judges or by professionals who could become jaded into believing all are guilty.

It does mean that on occasion the guilty will go free. Sometimes spectacularly so. As Benjamin Franklin stated, "it is better [one hundred] guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer."

I'm surprised as anyone by the verdict. But the fact that this even had to be tried, the fact that a toddler was killed... THAT is far more messed up than our judicial system.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Comparing penis' with murder is definitely not a brilliant angle
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• No, Imogine, there is no fairness. Anywhere. At some point you will be telling your kids that life isn't fair; this is merely proof, as bitter as it might be.

I think I'm more disturbed that the Sheriff of Orange County just had to tell people to keep the peace post-verdict.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Weiner did not "get fired" and gdiamante put it well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• It breaks my heart, that little girl is gone and now that woman is free to live her life
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I know they're complete opposite ends of the spectrum but clearely there is no fairness in this country.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2011