Does anyone become physically sick when you have to go back to work?

I've worked at some horrible places, but my current job is beyond horrible. I've had 4 dayds off even when I have 2 days off, the day before I get physically sick. I become sick to my stomach, I can't get out of bed, I cry at the drop of a hat. The women there are all "clickly" and I'm no where near being in their click bc they all "kick it" together aka smoke weed and party together. I dont smoke weed, so they feel I'm their worst enemy bc we work at a daycare center, so I could easily get them in trouble. I never would, but since they asked me that, I said no and now they are so rude to me. I have to give them breaks and they take 45 mins instead of 15 mins and it gets me in trouble & gets the boss thinking I'm messing around and not doing my job. Idk! I can quit, but I feel its not the best decision. We are getting our apartment & we need new cars & stuff. BUT my SO came into 10,000 which we will be getting sometime this week, but we have plans for that money like getting stuff for our apt & fixing our old car if possible or getting a new one, paying my lawyer off from my custody battle. I'm trying to find another job, but its not easy. I need help doing my resume and my sister won't be able in town until next week. I have an interview with a staffing agency next wk which is basically a job, but a not good one. Idk! This job has so many perks, but so many down falls. Sorry just had to vent. Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yup. I felt that way, but it was not because of the job.. I have anxiety.
    I LOVED WORKING! Would usually work over the 40hrs. But it was so hard.. I would have to start getting ready for work 2hrs ahead of time because Id take an hour bath to relax my nerves/stomach.. Then Id always sit & think "can i make it to work with my stomach hurting this bad".. Once I got to work & got busy it would go away --- BUT then come back suddenly atleast every few hours :-(
    I started missing work & crying all the way to work because it was so hard to deal with.
    Right now Im a SAHM, but Im so afraid of the day I may have to go back to work :-/
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• hugsYou look like you needed one........

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I feel that way everyday on my way to work. My mood changes on Sundays just knowing that tomorrow is Monday and all the bs starts all over again. Working with all women can be a real challenge, can I presume that you work with all women? Would there be men working at the staffing agency job? I find that makes a big difference. Those chickies smokin weed, working with kids, need to grow up! Good luck to ya.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Aw thanks Sweetheart. I truly did.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I agree. BIG TIME! I couldn't believe they didn't drug test me when I first started. Yes I work with ALL women besides one which I think he's a little pretty and he tends to be worse than the women. Everyone parties and "kicks it" together... I'm the outsider that they are mean to and want to get fired. Thanks for your support.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• tell the boss- whether its the director or wheover thats there.. be like hey, i've been floating for this person for about 20 minutes now- i gotta get to the next, but i dunno where she's at and i'm kinda concerned for her.

i worked at a center like that.. it sucked. =( i feel your pain. if you need help with yoru resume, shoot me a PM. i'll be busy for another 2 hours at work, but after that, i can help you with it
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 3:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Aw thanks!! Whats a pm ? lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Hmmm I'll look into that. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• You're very welcome :0) If you'd like to chat more about it before you watch the webcast just let me know. raeganmoser@gmail.com
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 3:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Hello! I do career and job search coaching, and will be happy to help you with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy, etc.

Step one in your job search should be updating (or setting up) your Linkedin profile

Answer by rkoloms at 8:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2011