Foul smelling odor TMI!! adult content

Ok ladies, I am trying to figure out what is going on with my body. I have been checked for STD's and am clean..and I have been treated for BV and the treatment did only work for a couple days, then it recurred.. for 6 months or longer I have had a foul smelling fish odor coming from my lady part that I can not seem to fix. I have used feminine wash, shower 2 times daily, and avoid wearing thongs, or anything other that cotton, to try to stop this but it always happens. Can you help me? This is really something that makes me feel so disgusted with myself and i am looking for a way to fix this problem..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Health

• id have an std check! but bv can last or come back if not fully treated
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 3:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I'd get checked for BV and STD's again. I think it's something like 50% of BV treated successfully can reoccur within the 12 months of treatment.

Definitely check in with your gyno and see what's up :)

I know you said you avoid thongs, but have you switched to a cotton material? materials like lace, satin, spandex, polyester etc don't breathe like cotton does which can lead to odor.

Good Luck hun :)
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Shave the area short & neat or all off, it's probably bacteria getting caught in the hair. Sorry, but it's true .
    Anonymous

• There is no hair. It is always kept clean and shaved. I take two showers a day, sometimes three

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• A few questions...
    Are you douching/washing internally? This just aggravates the problem. The vagina will re-act by producing more of what is thought to be "good bacteria" but then too much of a good thing goes bad.

Are you having sex? If so, be careful of the lubricant you are using, as well as condoms. These can cause reactions that will cause odor.

Is there discharge of any kind? Clear is fine, but anything other than clear can be a red flag.

Is this smell noticeable to just you, or have others commented? We all have a natural musk, and though it may smell pungent to us, it is an attractant to the opposite sex.

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• It sound like BV
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• no,i do not use a douche because it has given me infections in the past so i steer clear of those.

yes, there is discharge sometimes. mostly thick, white.

yes, it is noticeable to hubby. he and I are currently TTC, and am having sex quite often, so no condoms and we do not use lubricant

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Ah HA!! This is HIS smell you are smelling! Most women will notice more of an odor the day after you've had sex- from his semen! If you don't have sex for a week I guarantee you there will be no more smell!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2011