Those that believe there is a God

But don't follow a religion or believe the bible are you prepared to meet God if you were to die today? What if your name wasn't Do you worry about where you spend eternity since you do believe there is a God. How do you just live refusing to follow Him?

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 12:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Christianity isn't the only religion, you know.
    Anonymous

• I am not at all scared to meet God and I meet all of your criteria for going to hell. Are you prepared to meet God and say: yep, instead of living my life, I informed people they were going to hell because they don't believe in You exactly as I do?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I don't follow a particular church because I can't find one that I believe in 100%. The way I see things, every church has the basic idea right - live life by the Golden Rule. My biggest issue is how few people truly follow that. I'm not joining a church that spews hate in any way, shape, or form. Even more importantly, I don't want my children raised with those beliefs that I feel are wrong. I was raised in a Southern Baptist church, and taught that women aren't equal to men in any way. I don't agree with this, and I refuse to raise boys into men that believe that. It is my duty as their mother to make sure they become good people, and I just haven't found a church yet that I feel will help me with that goal.

You do not have to go to church to have faith in God. I have no fear of death, and no fear of where I will be after it happens.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• But don't follow a religion or believe the bible are you prepared to meet God if you were to die today? Absolutely!!

What if your name wasn't Do you worry about where you spend eternity since you do believe there is a God?  I think you're asking if I worry about where I'll spend eternity (not sure of the first part of this ?) My answer is not one bit.  There is nothing to fear.

How do you just live refusing to follow Him?  I am NOT refusing to follow HIM/HER.  I'm refusing to follow laws of man.  Big diff!!  I am more at peace now than ever could've been trying to follow some rule book.  Now that I have an intimate relationshi with my creator (rather than a book), I know exactly where I stand. 

jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 12:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• jenettyshome couldn't have said it better!
    and Ginger's statement is also how I feel
    Anonymous

• But don't follow a religion or believe the bible are you prepared to meet God if you were to die today? Yes. I'm even a little excited about it... Although I don't want to have my children suffer through that yet...

What if your name wasn't Do you worry about where you spend eternity since you do believe there is a God. NO... I believe firmly in reincarnation. We see proof of it every day in nature... I have proof in my own life. I'm going to spend forever right here! I know that!

How do you just live refusing to follow Him? I don't. I have a great relationship with both my goddesses and my gods. They are a part of my daily life!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Ladies His Word is inspired by Him. The bible does help us grow and it teaches us how to live. How can you believe in Him but reject His Word? Lastly the devil is a liar do not be deceived. There is no Her ppl in God. Not biblical. Reve 22:19 "and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy God shall take away his part from the book of life..". GOD IS GOOD!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• God is Good! The word is so powerful! Great question girl!!
    sister In Christ, Amber
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• JCRestoredme, if YOU want to continue believing the Bible is THE ONLY INFALLIBLE word of God, so be it. My aunt is the same exact way. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. But I've done my research and I know that that "book" isn't all there is (or even part) to GOD. GOD is so much more WONDERFUL than that book even comes close to stating. In fact, anything in that "book" that states (or makes you think) GOD is anything but all-loving and on our side is false and misleading (not to mention just a fear tactic). So hey, enjoy your book. I will enjoy MY ALL-LOVING, OMNIPOTENT GOD (whom I lovingly refer to as Om and Azna)!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 1:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• God doesn't require religion for salvation.
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2008