Acne Help

I am25 years old and am sick of getting pimples! Lately, my break-outs have been under control except for the flesh-colored bumps on my forehead. Nothing gets rid of them! I am currently on 2 prescription creams, one in the morning and one at night, and have been on them for 2 months, but I see no difference. Any suggestions?

Bluebird8874

Asked by Bluebird8874 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Well do you drink plenty of water? I find that if you wash your face with semi cool water and soap in the morning helps, then when your in the shower use an avon product called clear skin which is the blemish clearing foaming cleanser and garnier nutritioniste nutri pure they work wonders, you can also go with a walgreens/rite-aid/cvs brand of clean and clear and find that it worked... It could be the diet that you have as well, are you eating oily foods? Just drink a lot of water, they say more then 8 glasses while your pregnant. Hope this helped out, let me know how it goes, have a beautiful day!!
    MommyC23

Answer by MommyC23 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have and HATE it too. I am 31. I try to use only netrogena products and I find staying on the birth control pill helps too.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• have you tried proactiv? That's done wonders for me and a few others that I know....If I run out of it... I know this is gonna sound a bit silly but when I feel a pimple coming on I put a dab of toothpaste (the normal one not a gel) before I go to bed and it usually shrinks it.
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• ..is your face oily? check this out.. its really amazing.. it involves cleaning your face WITH oil.. it actually works for me.

eatapeach

Answer by eatapeach at 3:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Origins works for me.
    LoveMyBlessings

Answer by LoveMyBlessings at 5:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Thanks peach! I am very oily skin and it is so much worse in the summer with all the humidity. I've tried proactiv and it didn't work well for me. Maybe because I gave up too soon? about how long did until it started to work. People on the commercials say it starts working right away, but nothing has ever worked that quickly for me
    Bluebird8874

Comment by Bluebird8874 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I use the Murad acne skincare line.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 8:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I am 33 and started having breakouts a few years ago. I too tried Proactiv, but it actually made mine worse. I have tried about every brand that you can find at Walmart with no help. I finally read(on here actually) something that has helped a lot. I wash my face with a gentle cleanser, Cetaphil, then I use Witch hazel(for an astringent), then add a layer of Milk of Magnesia. It dries whiteish and it great for oily skin. (I looked it up on bing for more info). I only use the milk of mag at night. I have been doing this for a month or so and my skin is looking sooooo much better! Hope this will help! Let me know! :))
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 9:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2011