What would you do if someone shot ur cat?

I am asking because 3 days ago this guy shot my cat with a 22 and broke his leg.... no he has nerve damage and will have problems walking forever.... we called the cops and they said they couldnt do anything unless the guy admited it... what would u do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pets

• What I would be doing would be illegal, so I don't think I should put it in print. Use your imagination.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• ditto, I would kill them.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• If you have enough proof that this person shot your pet, you could take him/her to small claims court. You could make this person responsible for any vet bills because of the shooting. It's strange to me that the police said they can't do anything about it. Do you have proof that this person shot your cat (did you or somebody see this happen?).
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 1:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Have you called animal control or some other animal services in your area and see what they recommend you do.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• crazy. :-( sorry for you and your cat... and your neighbor to have such beastliness inside. What a pitiful soul. *hugs*
    YasminBoheme

Answer by YasminBoheme at 4:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I agree with bookay and I'm very sorry about your cat.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i would get others in the neighbor to be character witnesses on his behavior toward your cat? and take what knowledge you have that points the finger at him. i would try to call him and tape the conversation saying i know you shot my cat and i want you to pay vet bills he might say he did but won't pay or make excuses why he did it. i would call animal control and then i would take his a** to small claims court and ask for vet bills and some other form of compensation for the future disability for this cat and what pain this has caused your family. i wouldn't let it go.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'm not normally a violent person, but my pets are part of my family and what I would do would be illegal so like a PP I won't say! Suffice it to say it wouldn't be pretty and I don't think they be shooting any more cats.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Where I live cats are considered a predator and can be shot if they are on your land.  Is that the case? Cats come into our place and kill the wild rabbits.  We have also had cats kill rabbits and drag them under the saddling stall--they rot and then the horses won't go in---so we have had to get rid of a few cats on and off over the years.  They also kill the barn swallows!!   I like the barn swallows!!

Anonymous

• Call animal control and see what they can do for you. If nothing else, then insist that the police file a report. They have to file a report when a citizen demands it - it is your legal right. Once it is "in the books," so to speak, get a copy of it and take the guy to court.
    He should be made to pay the Vet bills, but I doubt that you can collect pain & suffering and any other sort of damages. Do a little research in your state for these kinds of claims.
    Best wishes.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2008