Why do teens come to this section to ask questions?

I assumed this section was for mothers of teens...not teens themselves to come ask questions. Kinda sad though that there are even teens this age having kids that they are on cafemom. Anyway, do you agree this section was intended for mothers of teens & not teens?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• well honestly anon, it does matter. they would get more pertinent answers if they posted them in the section for where they belong. think about it.....thats where other moms go to answer the questions they know about or have experience with.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 6:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Yes, it was.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• yes i do agree but teens who are having babies do need to ask questions to after all they are now going to be mommys i think they just dont know where to post there questions though.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Yes it was, I think that if people have just started this site they may be confused so it's fair enough if they make a mistake a first. And yes you could say it is sad but teens can be as good a mothers as others and they have as many questions, if not more, than any mother!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 12:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• mayb just leave it alone , they have questions just like u ... and mayb they dont kno where to post , thats where we (well the nicer moms) on cafemom come in and help them as to where to post
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 12:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I was just asking a question. If you are implying I am not "Nice" because I wondered why they dont just go the the pregnancy section or their childs age section then you need to figure out what "nice" means. And show me where I said teens cant be "as good" mothers as other women? Where? I said it was sad to see young teens having babies. and it is. to me. my opinion & I am not going to change it because someone thinks I am "wrong". I was barely 20 when I had a baby so yeah I KNOW you have questions..and its obvious WHY you have so many questions if you are a teen mom...BTW, I think I was too young even though I thought I was "ready". My son is 18 now & if he ends up a dad soon I will cry.
    Anonymous

• I never said "oh dont be on cafemom at all if you are a young mom" for god's sake I was a young mom once. How hypocritical would it be for me to say dont be on here. And if teens are smart enough to have a baby then they could figure out where to post. Just wondering if I was correct in assuming (and seeing if others did think so too) that this section was for questions ABOUT teens not BY them.
    Anonymous

• Yes I beleive that it was originally intended for mothers of teens...but being young perhaps they misunderstand...another reason young teens should not be having babies. Before any of you get your panties in a wad...I was a teen mother too...only I was 19 not 14 and there is a big difference. Sadly young girls will continue to have babies too early. Maybe there should be a new section here aimed for young teen moms and that way we older "wiser" moms could go right to it and start handing out the advice our experience qualifies us to give.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• yes I agree with salexander ,they should start their own littel group and if anyone needs help starting it I am sure someone will explaine how to do it .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• salexander: sounds good (the group or section idea) but I see way too many teen moms INSISTING that they are "much better" moms then many older moms. Well of course they are. because you know at 17 you know everything right? There's no way they are going to learn anything from those of us who have lived it already!
    Anonymous