Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

.My questions are can i have kids,how can i have kids w/out passing on to my partner, can my ex have kids w/out passing the virus, what are ways he can get treated.i know its a lot of questions but im am veryconcerned for me and my ex

Hi i found out i have low grade dysplasia. Me and my boyfriend broke up but before we were trying to have a child for 3 months but i could not get pregnant but my periods are very irregular. I dont know if he gave it to me or i gave it to him. I got my results back and the doctor said everything is fine i have to come for a pap smear every 6 months then every year then every two years.

Answer Question

Asked by DSm573 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Health

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Your body may be able to fight off the virus.
    In order to get pregnant, you need to have unprotected sex, which opens to the door for potential partners to catch the virus.
    Has your ex boyfriend been tested? Normally they do not test men for HPV.
    Make sure you keep every appointment. This is not something you want to be flaky with.
    I pray that you are able to overcome this virus.
    You know 80% of the population has this virus. Be glad that you are one who caught your's early.

    Answer by dmdblleb at 4:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

  • My mild dysplasia appears and goes away on its own. I have had a clear pap 3 yrs in a row, so I'm free and clear for 3 years.

    I have 2 kids, no problems.

    Answer by matobe at 4:20 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.