has anyone ever used these???

Okay, im past due by one week, and my midwife suggested that i use something to get my labor started. i wanted everything to go naturally, but it looks like thats not going to work. she told me two differant products that she likes to use and my insurance wont cover either of them cause they are over the counter, so i will be paying for one out of my pocket. so what i was wondering has anyone used laborboost thats the firt one and the other one was a mixture of black and blue cohosh. she told me that they should both work, but if i am going to go this rout i want the one that will work the best. so if anone has used either of these can you tell me if they worked and how well. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i havnt heard of either one. she wont scrape your membranes that seems more natural to me. I dont know that i would wana be taking anything like that to start my labor. sounds just wierd to me.
    Anonymous

• I haven't heard of either of these either. I would get a second opinion personally since it sounds a bit dodgy to be putting things into your system to try and get labor started that are not in hospital when getting induced.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 12:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• ive looked both up on the internet and i would rather go with the laborboost, i am not having my baby in the hospital i do all of mine home births. so im not going to get induce by potocin, these are both products that are used as alternitive ways to induce labor. but only use them if your doctor or midwife has given the go ahead. i dont know wich one is better though, i havnt used them. i would talk to your midwife some more and ask.
    Anonymous

• Blue cohosh is fine to take, I'm taking that right now to help my labor move along. Be forewarned, it's NASTY! It makes me gag. The black cohosh will mess with your milk supply. I wouldn't take it if you are planning on breastfeeding. They work really well in conjunction with each other, but the black does mess things up, so be aware of that. I would recommend that if you get the liquid blue cohosh, PLEASE take it with a little bit of water, no more than a tablespoon and have a chaser. I use pickles because it's the only thing that takes the taste out of my mouth. The blue you should take 30 drops (about a dropper) 2 times a day. Good Luck!
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 1:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Blue and black cohosh are not without risk. I don't know about Laborboost.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2008