Help getting healthier

I have in the past struggled with bulimia and I'm at a place where I'm fine with food and excercise :)

I have put on a little weight since I injured my back in february. I'm getting married in a 6-7 months and I'd love to get rid of the weight i had gained from the back injury :)

I love to do hot yoga and I'm just starting up again, but do any of y'all have any ideas on how to lose weight in a healthy manner, I'm only looking to drop around 15 lbs :)

RigPrincess85

Asked by RigPrincess85 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Health

• Hello! Hot Yoga is a great way to lose weight and its very good for balance in all ways. Bravo! Its not easy to do. So, if you injured your back I would assume you need to do low impact exercises? Hot yoga is really all you need as far as exercise goes. It is good for strength building, cardio and flexibility which is all you need out of a workout. They suggest 3 days a week to see results, but for a good amount of weight loss 4-6 days a week is better. As for a temporary diet, I would try a meal separation plan high in fiber. For example, fruit should only be consumed alone on a empty stomach because it is digested the fastest. Proteins/Fats can be eaten with Vegetables. Carbs can be eaten with Vegetables. When you combine Proteins/Fats and Carbohydrates it will slow the digestive process in turn weight will be gained. A high fiber diet hurries up the process in turn your metabolism will increase.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 4:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Does your back injury limmit what sort of exercise you can do?
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 4:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• No :)

The doctors cleared me for all exercise :)
    RigPrincess85

Comment by RigPrincess85 (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Oh ok, I read your last statement after I posted. The Insanity Program is incredible! If you do not want to spend the money, the concept is high impact exercise with short periods of rest for 6 days a week 30-45 minutes at a time.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 4:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2011