How common is this?

In how many cases does your water actually break? What are some other sure fire signs that you are in labor? In the early and the late stages?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my water didnt break, i dont think anyone in my family;s water acually broke.... some signs are a pushing feeling, diareah, and of cource contraction
    Anonymous

• i read that only 10% of women actually have their water break. mine was broken by the dr.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• my water didnt break it had to be broke at the hosptal at about 3cm or so my midwife broke my water to see if that would speed things up.

some sighns of labor are a pinkish dishcharge, contractions that are coming regularly, diareah, lots of pressure.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Well I don't know how many cases are there but for me my water did not break with three of my kids. I kown that I had this intense pain in my belly and it felt like I wanted togo to the bathroom and do number two. I had a terrible back pain and I just that it hurts a lot.
    carltom

Answer by carltom at 12:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I don't know that it is really that common. Most people I know just started labor with regular contractions and their water either broke on its own much later or was broken by the dr. But in MY family, ALLof the women on my maternal side (me included) have started labor by their water breaking. I actually didn't even have any contractions until about 3 hours AFTER my water broke. So everyone is different...you just never know how it's gonna go.
    owensmom17

Answer by owensmom17 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Usually the water doesn't break until later in labor. Mine did break about 14 hours before I started having contractions (naturally). You'll start feeling the contractions, they won't go away no matter what you do, and the will increase in frequency and intensity.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2008