Pregnant with a cold help

Hi moms....I Am 5 months pregnant and I am so sick with a bad cold and congested...I have a 3 yr old and I Am going insane...
What can I take!?!?!? Tylonol doesn't do anything, I guess I can take tylonol cold? What about for night time? Also I have been taking Cold eeze, the zinc tablets, but they are making me naseous.
Any help is greatly needed!
Lauren

lauryn88

Asked by lauryn88 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I went in and they gave me some prescription cough syrup...didn't really work well for me, then they told me that Claritin would fix all my problems...I have been sick for almost 2 months, really congested, fluid in my ears, horrible hacking cough, ect....well after 3 weeks the Claritin has only fixed my watery eyes!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 4:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Yes you can take tylonol cold. Its the only thing that save me when I had a bad cold and was pregnant with my second one.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Get some vicks vapor rub. You can rub it on neck and chest- great relief.......
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 4:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• tylonol cold and tylonol complete..my doc also said the dayquil/nyquil is perfectly fine during pregnancy
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 4:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• You need to be really careful because a lot of cold medicine can be very harmful when you are pregnant. Try making some hot tea with honey and lemon. It works better with whiskey but, obviously, you can't have whiskey. Also sit in a hot shower with the door and windows closed and breath in the steam. Do that a couple of times a day and it will help break up the congestion. Try to sleep in a recliner. If you keep your head elevated then it will help relieve pressure. Ask your doctor what is safe to take during pregnancy. I can't remember what my doctor gave me when I was pregnant. Some kind of antibiotic. I can't remember what it's called. Unfortunately there is no quick way to get rid of it quickly. Good luck. I hope you feel better.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• i know you can use sedafed... just the regular kind... i never took anything. i always suffered.
    tbursac777

Answer by tbursac777 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• be careful
    fyeefatboi

Answer by fyeefatboi at 9:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• You need to talk to your doc/ob before taking random things that other women tell you on the internet.
    Anonymous