How in the sam hell did Casey Anthony get acquitted?????

I think every mother in America just died a little inside after hearing this news.

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• and how can the jury convict her of lying on all counts but NOT wonder why she lied? so she's guilty of lying.. BUT she didn't do it! hello!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• REASONABLE DOUBT! Pure and simple REASONABLE DOUBT. The defense did a great job at poking holes in the prosecution's case and created REASONABLE DOUBT in the jury pool. That's all that takes!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• The defense was able to create reasonable doubt. It's surprising that there wasn't even a manslaughter conviction.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I thought she was found not guilty, not acquitted.. or is that the same thing?
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 4:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I stand corrected... she was acquitted of all of the charges except for lying to the police.
    BriHan06

Comment by BriHan06 (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Hot snot...she was not acquitted.
    Acquitted means you have no charges what so ever.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I think her whole family was involved in it. Someone is not talking. And her father was too weird.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 4:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• vote me down all you want for my opinion. but really, how hard is it to put two and two together? if she's so innocent then why are there so many questions unanswered? why didn't she report her daughter missing for 31 days (and she didn't, her mother did)? why did she instead become the town slut and get a bella vita tattoo while her daughter was missing? why did she lie to police 4 times if her daughter was missing? why did her car smell like decomposition? that might not be hard evidence for the death penalty but it's enough to convict her of atleast neglect. if everyone else in the world knows it how is it that the jury doesnt?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• TNM, you're basing everything on theory.
    You are arguing philosophy dear.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda....
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• those things actually happened @chloesmom. those are facts.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2011