I cant hold it in anymore

i cant hold it in anymore i got to talk to my df about his daughter i honestly think there is some mental problems there and i have noticed more and more signs. her speech is very bad my 2 year olds speech is clearer then hers most days. she keeps sucking in her bottom lip her upper and lower teeth have like a dip in them. and her toes are really far apart even when shes not walking. i just dont want to seem like a bad person or have it cause problems. help

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Health

• How old is she?
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• And I don't think toes have ANYTHING to do with mental problems....
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Stay in front of your own mirror on this one. Go logical..... If what you say is the case, it will reveal itself and if you are wrong it could permanantely cause very bad resentments, feelings , etc that all could have been avoided. If you can change something for the better than sometimes it is good to help. In this case, there is nothing your words could change for the better. good Luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 5:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• What is the age of this child?

If I were you I would not mention it and just know that once your friend's child is in school her teachers will pick up this signs and talk with him. It is their job to inform the parents and they probably have done it before.

The exception is if you notice his daughter is in immediate danger. If you absolutely have to broach the subject be careful, tactful, and kind- "I've been watching ____ and I'm a little worried that she's having trouble interacting with the other kids" or something like that.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 5:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• She will be 4 in august and we both have a very hard time understanding her
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• And the toes is a sign something is not right. I have researched this a lot just haven't found what fits all the signs im seeing
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Suggest to your DF that the child be evaluated by Early Intervention through the Intermediate Unit for your school district. The evaluation and any therapy - like for speech - is free (well it's paid through your school taxes). They will check out her speech as well as any other developmental issues like the way she walks...as well as for mental issues like a cognitive delay. It's a more delicate way of saying that you're concerned and feel that there is a developmental issue with DF's daughter. With earlier therapy, there is a better chance of getting the child up to speed so to speak - before she starts school.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2011