Cooking meat in the microwave?

I have seen several quick and easy recipes for beef and chicken that calls for the meat to be cooked in the microwave. I have never tried to do it, it just sounds ick to me...
Does anyone cook meat in the microwave? Does it taste different? Any tips?

AngieBry

Asked by AngieBry at 5:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• It is dried out! It tastes weird!!!!! I would cook it the regular way,in the oven!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Any meat that I have had that was cooked in the microwave was very rubbery and dry - not appetizing at all.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Thanks for the tips! I just hate to waste the meat, costs too much! I will just stick to the stove and oven!
    AngieBry

Comment by AngieBry (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Ewww....cooking ANYTHING in the microwave is gross...except maybe steaming vegetables. I agree with others...stay away from cooking in the microwave.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I've browned ground meat in the microwave, I've made pizza burgers in the microwave, I've even cooked bacon in there. Cooking cuts of meat in the microwave can be done but it's hard to get them to come out good if you're not used to doing it. The trick is to cook it at a reduced power level, to have the meat at an even thickness which is very hard to do, and to cook them until JUST barely done since they'll finish cooking in the few minutes after being removed from the microwave. Most people overcook the meat and that makes it dry and rubbery.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I don't cook any of my meats in the microwave I may thaw it a little to cook but that is a rarity also I cook it on the stove or grill
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2011