MANAGER DOES NOT LIKE ME?? PART 2

I talked to the manager that does not like me who made up the schedule for this week,I told him I know breakfast! He told me not on my shift! He means I will never work breakfast on his shift!!!! I told him I did not ask for this week off!!! He told me "Oh well!!,I guess u will just be off this week"! I do not know why he is screwing around with my hours! I carry the insurance through my job,for my family!! Everytime I remind them that I need at least 30 hours for the insurance,they give me less hours!!! What am I supposed to do?

dancer

Asked by dancer at 5:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• that happened to me once. think long term, think how much you'll need a good recommendation later down the road. you never know she could be testing you. Handle it well, do not freak!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Look deep into why he might not like you as an employee. Is there any possibility that you could be a part of the problem? I ask because I know I handled a couple of jobs wrong when I had a dislike for my managers and or bosses. Do you make them feel good and respected? Maybe it is better that you just move on to something else. In the mean time keep a great attitude and don't give it too much power. It sounds like there is already some bad feelings between you two. Change can be a great thing. Good Luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 5:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• LeJane--I am not the problem! I am a very good employee!!! I have been told by other managers they like having me on their shifts!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• File a complaint with HR - Go above his head
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• The complaint is a good idea,but,I need hours for this week!!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I just asked if it was a possibility. As I mentioned, I was a great worker, but had a bad attitude towards some managers and bosses in the past. Sometimes it is just a conflict of personalities and other times it is other circumstances. It happens quite often. I was not judging you, just sharing some of the things I had done wrong. Looking back I can see why I wouldn't have been favored by them. As a manager, it is easier to have an OK worker with a great attitude towards them than a great worker with a bad attitude. With that being cleared up. :-) I would talk to some of the other managers to see if there could be a solution for this and to make sure that he is not violating your rights as an employee. I would also check with other workers to see if you could pick up some of their hours if your company lets you do that.. Knowledge is power. Good Luck.....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• You need to speak with the owner, and start looking for a new job. You can also file for partial unemployment compensation, if your hours have been reduced.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2011