I have a question.

I have been having contractions off and on for the the past week. Sometiems they are really painful and sometimes they aren't. Yes, I know these are Braxton Hick's. But sometimes they are VERY consistent and can be really painful and every 5 minutes for like 3 hours straight and then they stop or maybe even longer. I am afraid that I will go into real labor and hold off and push my way through the pain like I ususally do and not get to the hospital on time for pain meds(I know everyone has their opinion on this but mine is that I want it) or help. Has this ever happened to anyone? I have lost my plug and had my membranes stripped yesterday. But I am feeling contractions and lots of cramping...I just don't want to go to the hospital with another false alarm!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• don't feel ashamed by going for false alarms! it's better to go and be told to go home than to stay at home and have your baby at home or in the car because you thought it was another false alarm.

especially with having your membranes stripped, go get checked out!

best of luck to you!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Go to the hospital and tell your dr that you will not be sent home this time. It sounds like you are near labor. My water broke without any contractions or sign of near labor i was 39 weeks exact. I was in labor for 24 hours because they had to get my contracted started.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• When you cant sleep or talk through them they are real.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i went through that! i went to the hospital so many times because it was painful but ended up being false alarm but my water never broke. i just had to painful contractions were i couldnt even walk to my car or anything!i had to get my uncle to carry me out and rush me in. but to my surprise it was actually in labor and was already to a 6. funny tho because i had my 39wk check up that day. but get checked out. hopefully this is it maybe!
    Anonymous