Help!

How can I get my DD to lay still when I change her diaper? She is 9 months and all of a sudden she will try to roll or crawl away, and when I roll her back or put her back she FREAKS out! How I can I get this to stop? She is getting poop and/or pee on the floor and changing her diaper is quickly becoming a nightmare for me!

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 5:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lol I remember those days. Maybe you could give her a special toy or treat while you are changing her and do it as fast as possible. I had to used my legs as well and straddle the kids. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 5:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I had to hold my sons arms and legs with MY legs lol! good luck..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I have that problem right now too. It depends on the mood she is in. Sometimes I can give her a sippy cup and she will drink until I am done. Other times, I change her on the floor so I can put my legs out so she cant roll over. I will sing songs and play games so she wont try to roll over, instead she will be focused on me.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 5:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I feel ya girlie... I don't have the answer for you, but know that you are not alone!!! :)
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• We have this problem right now too! I put my legs out so she can't roll away and sometimes if it's just pee, I let her go. She likes to be naked and her fanny is pretty cute up in the air when she's trying to crawl lol
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 9:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I would say to distract her as much as possible. my son does the same thing most days when changing his diaper, you have to just say hold your legs up play with this, tickle a little, what ever you can do to get those couple of minutes to change the diaper.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2011