Did anyone ever go into labor and didn't know it??

I was just curious I have a friend that claims she didn't know she was pregnant and thought her "labor" pains were just normal aches and pains. Just curious thats all
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I knew I was pregnant but had no idea I was in labor. I went for a check up and was 5cm dilated and they would not let me leave the hospital.
    PurpleDawn

Answer by PurpleDawn at 12:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Well I knew I was pregnant & thought I was in labor. But I wasnt sure. So I go in & they say "no no. nothing going on". So I go home. Few hrs later I go back because I thought "maybe" I was this time. And long story short I had the baby within a 1/2 of getting back to hospital...that time includes parking & walking up to L & D!
    Anonymous

• meant to say "1/2 hour" of getting there
    Anonymous

• i knew i was pregnant lol i dont know how you dont know that. as for labor well i thought i was in labor so i went to the hospital only to find out i wasnt lol but i was dialted to 2cm and my blood pressure was high so they kept me and were planning on inducing me aparently by the time the nurse came back in to start my induction i was in labor contracting every 4 to 5 mins. i had no clue i wasnt feeling the contractions needles to say once my midwife broke my water that wasnt the case anymore.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• my mom was pregnant with my oldest sister and she went to the hospital and said she was going into labor and the hospital tried to send her home because they didnt think she was even pregnant because she didnt show like she was ...... she had to get the doctor on phone to prove she was and was going into labor

my sister never had her water break during all 4 of her pregnancies she went in and said im ready its coming and they checked she was completely dilated and everything but water hadnt broken
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I didn't know I was in labor, I just thought I didn't feel good. When I when to get checked (hours later) I was 4cm.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I think some people must just have a much higher pain tolerance than others. I knew I was in labor very early on with all of mine.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I woke up leaking fluid, but I thought it was urine and dismissed it. Over the course of the day, I kept leaking, but I'd had such bad bladder control, I had no idea it was my water. By the end of the day, I was soaking a pad every 20 minutes, and the fluid was pink, which told me it wasn't urine.
    My hairdresser threw up at every contraction, so she just thought she had gotten some awful stomach thing. Turned out she was in labor!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I was having back pains and thought it was from cleaning the day before.  I wasnt in a lot of pain.  My best friend urged me to go to the hospital.  I had my daughter 4 hours later.  I would have never gone if I had not been talking to her that morning

Obamaischange

Answer by Obamaischange at 1:46 AM on Jan. 11, 2009