Hi. I need some help from all the moms out there...

Hi, I'm currently 15 dpo, on what seemed to be a very promising cycle. Today AF is due, and there is no signs of her. I tested this morning and BFN. The test I used was one of the freebies that came with Fertibella. They look very cheaply made, and have no expiration date.

Fertilityfriend.com says that 90% will get a positive by now, I guess there is that 10% chance, but my hopes are fading. I've had some good signals, and symptoms I've never had before. My temps are still up. My chart went triphasic and temps are still up in that highest level.

My question is for you mom's. When you need good info, go to the experts! Have any of you tested BFN at 15 dpo and later have a positive? If so please let me know.

Also, little side question, does anyone know the quality or sensitivity of the tests that come with Fertibella? Thank you. I'm feeling really bummed out by this test, as I really thought I was pregnant. I've had cycles where I thought I was before, but this one has been different.

phoenixstar

Asked by phoenixstar at 5:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• With both of my children, my initial tests were negative. But blood work showed early pregnancy levels and within a week every test was positive. And, um, more importantly I have two healthy kids. Ask your doc to check your progesterone levels if you suspect you are pregnant but are testing 'negative'. Try to test first thing in the morning, supposedly hormone levels are higher/more concentrated then. Good luck!
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• There are some women who produce a different type of HCG that the tests don't pick up. They never test positive - some don't even test positive on a blood test. And of course you don't know if you'd fall into this somewhat rare category until you experience a 1st pregnancy. (I believe that they do ultrasounds to know for sure when pregnant.)

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• When I use a dollar store test, I have to be at least 15 dpo or it won't register. I would buy a higher quality test and check with first morning urine tomorrow.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Thanks ladies. Doesn't look like alot of women get false negatives this late. I really wish I knew the quality of these tests. From different sites I've seen everywhere from 6% to 13% will get a false neg at 15 dpo. I know it happens, just hope I'm not holding onto false hope. If no AF tomorrow I will test again. I'm thinking of throwing these tests out, the negatives will always make me wonder if it's a quality issue or what...
    phoenixstar

Comment by phoenixstar (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Yes, and I tested the day AF was supposed to come too. .. I also used a test that didn't detect early signs of pregnancy. Try First Response, its very reliable.
    Love138

Answer by Love138 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Thank you ladies. My SO and I decided that he will pick up a test tomorrow on his way home from work. If AF still hasn't come I will test with the next day FMU. I'm TTC so already living like I'm pregnant, taking prenatals, no caffiene or alcohol etc...Just wish I knew for sure. I've seen where some women with PCOS (I have pcos) have had issues with hpts and also seen people say that doesn't effect things. Who knows. PCOS messes with your hormones, and HCG is a hormone, so I guess it's possible. I'm still holding onto a bit of hope, but not much.
    phoenixstar

Comment by phoenixstar (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011